We Can Secure a Domestic Violence Restraining Order and Protect You
Gary D. Labin Can Help You Fight Your California Assault and Battery Charges
While they are never easy for the parties involved, restraining orders are sometimes necessary. If you are in need of a domestic violence restraining order in Los Angeles, The Law Offices of Gary D. Labin can help. In addition to restraining orders involving domestic violence, The Law Offices of Gary D. Labin can protect victims of civil harassment and workplace violence with restraining orders, as well as issue emergency protective orders and elder abuse restraining orders.
You need to understand how California issues restraining orders. Victims must apply for the order provide testimony in court justifying the it. Assuming the applicant provides both testimony and evidence, the judge will then issue an order with prohibitions against the restrained party. Additionally, the standard of proof for restraining orders falls below “beyond a reasonable doubt” and relies solely on the applicant convincing the judge.
Fast Facts about Restraining Orders
Depending on your circumstances, you may be applying for any of the following kinds of restraining orders:
- Domestic violence restraining order: These orders are issued when there is a documented history of efforts to cause physical harm, commit sexual assault, or engaging in behavior like stalking, attacking, battering, threatening, or destroying property.
- Emergency protective order: Usually referred to as an EPO, police officers issue these orders with the permission of a judge. They generally order these at the scene of the incident.
- Civil harassment restraining order: The law uses these orders to protect victims of sustained harassment, whether in the form of violence, credible threats, or conduct intended to alarm, annoy, or harass the applicant.
- Workplace violence restraining order: We use these orders when harassment or violence occurs in the workplace.
- Elder abuse restraining order: Used to protect individuals over age 65, elder abuse restraining orders protect applicants with disabilities who are suffering harm or abuse.
Contact Us Today
Don’t live in fear. If you or someone you know is suffering from harassment, abuse, or violence, it is vital that you or they have representation. The Law Offices of Gary D. Labin will help prepare all relevant documentation and evidence and see your case to its conclusion.